5.03.2011

Weekend Recap

(Image Heavy)
This weekend was by far one of the best weekends I've had since I got here. It was jam packed with activities everyday. On Thursday I met up with Taylor at Regent's Park and took a nice walk around the park. 






Lord of the Flies will be playing at Regent's Park, so excited! 


Taylor was still learning how to use the SLR.. haha



This little guy scared me out of my mind. We were sitting on that bench and all of sudden I felt something scratching at my feet, it was him! He came up and hung out with us for a while and we shared our cookies with him. 



As we were leaving the park we found some goodies along the way:



I'm definitely coming back to this store!


We passed 221B Baker Street. As in Sherlock Holmes' House. 

After the park, we headed over to the Thames to start a city walk we found online. 
We started at the Tower of London and Tower Bridge. 




This was Taylor practicing with the SLR.





  
We headed over to The Monument and the business district. 


  





Taylor gave me a whole business lesson about all the buildings. And even though he thinks I wasn't interested, it was pretty cool. 

We passed this very cool market, Leadenhall Market. It was full of business people relaxing after a day of work. 




We passes this cute little chapel. They had a sign that said they held 20 min sermons for those in a rush, we laughed haha. 



Next, we headed over to the Royal Exchange.


We passed Guildhall, home of the Booker Prize!



We cut our walk early because it started getting chilly, and I was cold! But we will finish the walk eventually! 

Friday was the Royal Wedding day! But I will do that in a separate  post. 

Saturday we headed over to Southbank. We found a nice garden near Embankment and sat and enjoyed the sun for a while.



We paid another visit to our favorite book market underneath Waterloo Bridge, I can't get enough of that place. Afterwards, we went to the Globe to buy our tickets for that night's show. After a quick dinner, we headed back to the Globe to watch All's Well that Ends Well. The show was amazing! I was so excited to finally go to the Globe and watch a play. We of course, got the standing tickets, to get the true experience of the Globe. We did get a little tired towards the end, but it was well worth it. It made me love Shakespeare once again, because I did get a little mad and frustrated with him this past term! But we will definitely be going back to watch Hamlet and Much Ado About Nothing!







After the show, we caught a late train over to my house in Egham. On Sunday after church, we went to our favorite park, Great Windsor Park for another picnic.





That night we had a nice home cooked dinner, compliments of Elliot!

Yesterday, we headed back the Great Windsor Park ( I told you we're obsessed). We discovered Virginia Water yesterday, so beautiful! We took the 4 1/2 mile walk around the entire lake, and it was very nice! 





They have these beautiful Roman ruins of Leptis Magna around Virginia Water. They were imported from Lybia in 1816.





Well that sums up my weekend, I hope you all had an amazing one too! 
I will post the Royal Wedding pictures soon, I promise! 

1 comment:

Lauren said...

you went to the globe! how exciting! I would die to go to london, i'm glad you're having such a good time!