4.01.2011

I Hate April Fool's Day

I was pranked today, and I fell for it and I didn't like it. Two weeks ago I had my huge Shakespeare presentation that I slept through, remember? Well I hadn't received a response from my professor about it and today when I went to go check my email, there was the dreaded response. As soon as I saw it in my inbox my stomach dropped. I was too scared to even open it and read it. And after reading it, I fell like s*@%!


Dear Ms. Garcia, 

I have received your email regarding your absence for your assigned Macbeth presentation. I must say your failure to present was quite surprising, given that this has never occurred before in all my years as a lecturer. I am not sure how things are done in the U.S., but this sort of behaviour is unacceptable at Royal Holloway. However, I am willing to consider some alternative options that will help you make up for your untimely absence. I will be leaving town this weekend for the majority of the Easter holiday, but if you can give me a call by this afternoon perhaps we can arrange an agreement. You will find my phone number below. 

Kind Regards, 

K. R. 


Prof. Kiernan Ryan
Dpt. of English Language and Literature
Royal Holloway-University of London
Office No. 07*******

I literally wanted to cry, I kept thinking that I would die if failed the course after all this hard work. So, I texted Taylor, he had anxiously been waiting to hear a response from my professor as well. I told him how upset I was and he attempted to make me feel better. I sat on my couch freaking out. I finally mustered up enough courage to call, NO answer. So I started freaking out even more. Couple of minutes later, I get a call from Taylor. The convo went a little like this:

Taylor: Ms. Garcia
Maggie: (Me playing along, I thought he was just trying to be funny to cheer me up) Yes?
Taylor: This is professor Ryan, I am calling you back about your absence.
Maggie: Oh, yeah I know, I suck at life
Taylor: Well today is a very special day...
Maggie: Oh yeah?
Taylor: Yeah, it's April Fool's Day
Maggie: Yeah, I know (still had no idea)
Taylor: April Fool's Day
Maggie: Okay?
Taylor: Maggie, I sent you the email
Maggie: LONG silence, WHAT?! 
Taylor: uncontrollable laughter

I was pissed. He went out of his way to research who my professor was, made up an email and sent it. That little jerk right? He got me so good, and maybe in a couple of days I will be able to fully laugh about this, but right now I'm still in shock and very angry!

I MUST get him back! 

No comments: