4.10.2011

Cup of Natali

I spent my afternoon talking with this lady, making plans for her visit to London this summer. And we hit the jackpot, Ringo Starr, in concert at the Hampton Court Palace Festival in June. Yeah, you heard right. Witnessing the other Beatle would complete my life, no I'm not being dramatic... well maybe slightly. 
We also squeezed in an interview, check it out!

Aunt Mags: What have you been jamming out to lately?
Natali: I've been jamming out a lot to Arcade Fire and I recently purchased Contra. I wake up to Vampire Weekend just because it's good motivational beats.

Aunt Mags: Any movie recommendations for the folks?
Natali: I have too many, since all i do is watch movies, but anything directed by Wes Anderson or Sofia Coppola is pure gold.

Aunt Mags: Alright, let's get to the important things: Who's your favorite Beatle and why?
Natali: I love all of them for different reasons, and they were all talented , but I'm a Paul girl. Dare I say part of it is his good looks? I think I also really like him just because I was able to witness him live and it was amazing. Best moment of my life hands down. His solo work is also magnificent and he's all around a lovable guy.

Aunt Mags: Since you're a fellow book nerd, any recommendations?
Natali:Lolita. I made the mistake of watching the movie first (Stanley Kubrick does an amazing job, watch it) but I still really enjoyed the book. It's sick, twisted, and hilarious at the same time. And so beautifully written. One of my favorite parts of it " She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line. But in my arms she was always Lolita."


Go check out this lady's blog!

No comments: