3.10.2011

Pancake Day

I partook in Pancake Day on Tuesday, can we please have this in the states? I need more excuses to eat pancakes all day. 

Here's some background info thanks to good old wiki:


In the United Kingdom and Ireland, Shrove Tuesday is more commonly known as Pancake Tuesday or Pancake Day.
Pancakes are associated with the day preceding Lent because they were a way to use up rich foodstuffs such as eggs, milk, and sugar, before the fasting season of the 40 days of Lent. The liturgical fasting emphasized eating plainer food and refraining from food that would give pleasure: In many cultures, this means no meat, dairy, or eggs.

Thank goodness I have awesome housemates that teach me all this knowledge and make me pancakes. What an awesome way to celebrate.

I'm definitely bringing this back to the states. I might even establish Pancake week at our house. 


No comments: