1.03.2010

For clarification

So recently I have had people questioning why I am an English major. I always get the "Are you serious", or "Why English? that sucks" remarks thrown at me. So for clarification, here it goes. 


Literature is amazing. It is what keeps me sane at times. Why on Earth would I not choose to study something that completes me? Literature has gotten me through some of the hardest times of my life. 


I have had English teachers in my school lifetime that have completely changed the way I view literature, the world, and even life. I have had English teachers that I have looked up to and respected so much. I am so excited to become part of that. I want to be the teacher that someone else will later talk about. I want to be the teacher that inspired a student to pick up a book and read because they love it. So thank you Mrs. Lillo, Mr. Boba, and Dr. Tait. You guys inspired me to view the world differently. You guys inspired me to pick up a book and have it change my life. Thank you.




I want to be an English teacher. That is who I want to be.





No comments: