11.23.2011

Le Petit Prince


I recently received a very special gift from my good friend Ty who is serving a mission in France. Although I haven't taken French for quite some time now, I struggled and fought my way through some of the passages he loved. 
And I fell in love. 
I had no idea I would be learning such beautiful lessons from a children's book. 
The book is simply amazing, and I highly recommend it!

Here's my favorite excerpt from the English translation:
"People where you live," the little prince said, "grow five thousand roses in one garden... yet they don't find what they're looking for..."
"They don't find it," I answered.
"And yet what they're looking for could be found in a single rose, or a little water..."
"Of course," I answered.
And the little prince added, "But eyes are blind. You have to look with the heart.

No comments: