11.24.2011

Being Thankful

I may not be fond of decking out my house with thanksgiving decorations or getting extremely excited about eating turkey. However, I am fond of being thankful for all the great things that I have in my life. 

2011 has been an amazing year to say the least. So even though as of lately I have been feeling a bit down, I have to remind myself that I have a lot to be thankful for this year. 

Traveling: I was given an amazing opportunity to travel this past year. I visited many new places and came back with many beautiful memories and learned a lot of new things about this world and even about myself. 


Friends: Throughout my travels, I was lucky enough to become friends with some amazing people. I am so thankful that I got to meet every single one of them. I've also been blessed with some amazing friends throughout my life and even though some of them are thousands of miles away from me at the moment, they still bring a smile to my face and comfort me when I need it the most. 


Family: I feel like sometimes this is the part of my life that I take for granted the most, but I have a great family that is always there for me when I need them. 



Job: My job brings me so much happiness into my life. And even though at times it causes me a lot of stress, I always end up thinking of all my kids and I instantly feel better. My job gives me the opportunity to work with kids from impoverished areas and help them succeed in school. I could not be more thankful for the opportunity to be with those kids everyday. They have taught me so many new things and I love them for that.



Literature: My "go to" when I'm feeling sad, mad, happy, you name it. Literature has always been my relief. I am so thankful for the opportunity to have so many beautiful pieces of literature around me to help me through the bad and good. 



Church: My church has been an amazing blessing this past year. It has brought me guidance and support when I needed it the most and for that I could not be more thankful. 



I also have some silly ones:
Netflix: I don't think I have to say much more. You have been my bff lately, you rock.

Mumford and Sons: You have been the source of my jam sessions in the car lately. You make me want to play the banjo so bad it's not even funny. And your lyrics are pure gold. You rock.

Nutella: I would have starved without you. You rock.

Pinterest: I'm kinda iffy about you actually... you've made me waste hours of my life and made me realize I actually really suck at crafting/sewing/cooking/beauty. However, you're a great procrastination tool and lets face it, I love you for that. You rock.

30 Rock: Liz Lemon=hero. 


I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

No comments: