11.17.2011

Bittersweet

We received some very unfortunate news at work today. One of my kids has been placed in foster care after a very long and grueling case with CPS. We are very fortunate that my staff and I were able to get her the help she needed and that everything turned out for the best. But I can't help feeling like crap today. I know that her new living situations are indeed a lot better than where she was at, and she will no longer be in danger. However, it breaks my heart that she is dealing with all this at such a young age. She will no longer be in our program due to her new living arrangements, and it breaks my heart that she won't bring her smile through the door everyday anymore. 


Again, I am very thankful for my staff members that were on the ball throughout this whole situation. Without their watchful eyes, that child would have never received the help that she was seeking. I hope that we all can take this as a learning experience and that you as readers will too. It is very important for everyone, especially those that do work with children, to always be on the lookout for their well being. If at any time you suspect a child is being abused or endangered, do not hesitate to call the necessary authorities.  You never know just how much help you will be bringing to that child. 

No comments: