1.11.2011

my love/hate relationship with Shakespeare

When I first decided to come to the UK to study, my focus was shakespeare. I mean, there is not a more perfect place to study his work, duh! So my crazy little self enrolled herself in two shakespeare classes in very high levels here at Royal. I figured it wouldn't be all that hard......boy was I wrong. The classes here make my literature classes back in the States seem like a complete joke. My reading lists for the week are comparable to the reading lists for the entire semester back in Arizona. Basically, what I am trying to say is that I already have no life and my life will now be consumed by Shakespeare and his material poetic buddies. Don't take me wrong, I love me some Shakespeare, his work does not compare. But, as I am sitting in the library staring at the massive amounts of reading I have, I really despise him.

i shall become THE shakespeare master, fingers crossed.

No comments: