1.07.2011

lessons in the past 24 hours

Even though I have only been in England for 24 hours, there are many things I have already learned.


1. If the weather forecast says it's going to rain, IT WILL RAIN. Unlike the lying weathermen we have in AZ, they mean it here.
2. If the weather forecast says it's going to rain, it will rain ALL day. 
3. If google maps tells you it will take 7 minutes to walk to campus, allow an extra 45 minutes to wander around and figure out where in the world you are, and time to stop and awe at all the cute houses in your neighborhood.
4. A "jacket" is a baked potato.
5. My school looks like Hogwarts.
6. I feel like Harry Potter.
7. If you ask someone where the restroom is, they will have no idea what you are talking about. I now call it the "toilet".
8. If your signature on your receipt does not match your signature on your id EXACTLY, the big man behind the register will not let you buy anything. 
9. If you wander around in a grocery store completely lost, eventually, a nice man will come help you and tell you where the fresh milk is.
10. Canada has really cool people, and luckily they sent me an awesome friend who is traveling to Budapest with me.


It was a LONG day.


I have yet to take a picture, or see the sun for that matter....
But I promise that I will have some tomorrow, we are going to Windsor castle for the day! 
And don't let this post fool you, I love it here!! 

No comments: