2.28.2011

Brick Lane

Saturday night Taylor and I experienced some amazing curry from Brick Lane. We've been told it's the best place to find curry, and boy were they right. We ate at Aladin, ranked as the best curry by Prince Charles himself. So of course we took his word and went to try it out. Well Prince Charles seems to know what he's talking about, because our meal was delicious. Even though we had absolutely no idea what we had ordered, it was amazing! And even though my mouth was on fire, I enjoyed every single bite. 

Also, I've realized some significant differences between British people and Americans. Saturday, we decided to check out the National History Museum. Much to our surprise, the line to get in was ridiculously long. It took us over an hour of waiting in line only to finally get inside and be surprised by the massive amounts of people. And I told Taylor, "only the British would stand in line for over an hour just to visit a museum." That would be unheard of in the US. But, that's why I love it here. Because everyone here is a museum junkie, and they make me feel right at home. 

Alright, well I'm off to work on my Shakespeare adaptation presentation. It involves me watching numerous Macbeth adaptations, woohoo. 

Taylor and I are off to Stonehenge and Bath this weekend, stay tuned for details! 

No comments: