2.03.2011

london stroll

Even though I live in Egham, I've been making numerous trips to London every week. I just can't get away from it, there's so much to see. Tuesday after my lectures were over, I headed to the city to do some sightseeing on my own. Of course, nature wasn't on my side, and the weather was pretty bad that day, so I wasn't able to roam around the city as much as I wanted. I made a couple of stops during the day, then met up with my friend Taylor and headed out to Abbey Road. Believe or not, I didn't take a single picture of the epic moment. By the time we arrived the sun had gone down, so I felt that my pictures wouldn't give it justice. But believe me, it was epic.




As soon as I arrived in Waterloo, the weather turned uglier and started raining, so I made a quick walk through Parliament, and by quick I mean I was running to save my camera from getting wet. I headed back to the Tube and headed to the Tate Modern. I spent a long time wandering inside. I was really excited to see Dali's work and Andy Warhol. They had several galleries that were very interesting and a couple that left me completely confused, but that's what art is for, right? 
After Tate, the weather had calmed down. I took a walk down the Thames. It was nice to just walk around and take it all in. I still have trouble understanding that I'm actually living here. It's been almost a month since I got here, and I still can't believe it. These past weeks have been amazing and I am so grateful that I am able to experience this.



I made a stop at the Globe theater and did some homework outside in a bench, and what do you know, my homework was to finish Richard III. 


The next day, Taylor and I made a trip to Buckingham Palace since I had not seen it. We didn't spend much time there, but we snapped some quick pictures. Afterwards, we headed to Camden and had a nice lunch. 


Taylor snapped this picture of Buckingham. It pretty much sums up how the sky looks here everyday. It's hard adjusting to not seeing the sun everyday, especially coming from Arizona. But in a way, it makes days with sunshine super exciting and I no longer take it for granted!

No comments: