6.12.2012

Thankful Journal #1

When I was in 8th grade, my honors English teacher made us write in a thankful journal before we started class every single day. We had to write the things we were thankful for that day. Every. Single. Day. 


I hated it. 


I only saw it as a waste of time, when instead I could have been writing a juicy note to my bff. Or stealing Nick's gum from his backpack. (That poor kid, stealing his gum out of his backpack was almost a daily occurrence, sorry Nick!) 


Now looking back it, as a so-called "adult", I miss it. I love going back and reading that journal. Not only does it make me laugh incredibly hard for being thankful for ridiculous things. "Nick's curly red hair, because it gives something to stare at when we're learning about poems" or "Chelsea's bodacious backpack because we hide Nick's gum in there" (Oh, please take me back to being in 8th grade....) But, its also made me realize just how important it is to be thankful for everything in your life. 


I'm bringing the thankful journal fad back. And I promise you that even as an "adult", I will still be thankful for the most ridiculous things everyday. That's the whole point. Sometimes you need to remind yourself that no matter how sucky life is at the moment or how much you hate where you are, you still have a mailman that delivers your mail in this scorching heat. Oh, the little things in life. 


Thankful Journal #1
Today, I am thankful for....


1. The cleaning rag I've accidently left in my car for the past year or so. It has saved my hands from 3rd degree burns all summer. (AZ peeps, you understand)


2. MTV, although you no longer play music videos 24/7 and I can't memorize all of them anymore, you provide wonderful TV shows that always make me feel 100000x better about myself. 


3. Speaking of, I'm also thankful that I don't qualify for the majority of the MTV shows. Except Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory, someone help a sista out, I want on that show! jk....


4. The nice nerdy gentlemen I met tonight. You were so insanely awkward, I loved it. You at least provided me with some great laughter.


5. My brand new mattress. I love/hate you. You make it 100x harder to get up in the morning! 


What are you thankful for today?? 



No comments: