1.10.2012

Work Work Work

Work has already been crazy this week. We are in the process of getting everything ready for the kiddos, so it's been a little hectic. However, yesterday when we were in training I was remembered on why I work these crazy hours, stay up late getting stuff done and spend hours painting and making things for those kids. I was remembered that I work with a community where 95% of the families are living under the poverty line. Where the average family of 4 is currently living off of a $25,000 a year income. 
I was remembered of the time that I was a kid, living in a rough neighborhood where I had people bend over backwards to help me get to where I am now. 

All of a sudden, I didn't mind one bit that I spent my day yesterday at work, or that I've been stuck doing paperwork, planning and writing countless agendas. 

And most of all, it made me miss my kiddos like crazy. It's been a month since I've seen them and January 24th can't come sooner! 



No comments: