10.06.2011

My Job

I know I've been mentioning how busy I've been with work and school lately. But I haven't really taken the time to mention how much I love my job regardless of the fact that at times it makes me want to rip my hair out... Regardless, my job is one of the highlights of my week. I am the Supervisor for the Salvation Army Citadel America Reads/Counts program in Phoenix. To sum that all up, I run a tutoring site in Downtown Phoenix, dedicated to tutoring inner-city kids in K-6. Which means, I get to hang out with awesome kids all day, that honestly sometimes say some of the most ridiculous hilarious things. I've been lucky enough to be part of this program since I began school at Arizona State, and I cannot begin to tell you how much I love our program and the amazing service that our entire stuff provides to our community. I can hands down say I have some of the best staff members working for me, and we could not get half the work done without their help. Lately, my job has been really pushing my limits, but it has also made me realize how important the work I am doing is to me. 

Here's a couple of snaps we took on site today, although we made the mistake of feeding them pudding for snack (which resulted in major cases of sugar highs) they were all on a role today and I couldn't help but capturing their craziness today. 

 just a small section of my lovely kids and staff

Katherine, my lead tutor, my job would be 100x harder without this girl. 

1 comment:

The Merrills said...

That's so awesome girl! You're amazing!Do you guys ever need volunteers?