8.27.2011

"The" Story

The other day I was re-reading old posts from the past couple of months, just reminiscing about London and all those good times when I noticed something pretty important....


All of a sudden there's all these references and comments about some kid named Taylor, I just threw his name out there plain and simple, but never even explained who this mystery man was. And I realized it would suck to look back on this blog and not have any mention on how this fantastic guy came about. 


So I'm telling our story. 


"That's so sappy and corny Maggie".
Trust me I know, and if you know me, you know this ain't my style. But I gotta do it for those times that I re- read these posts to reminisce about the past and be able to get a huge smile on my face as I'm reading it. 


So I apologize in advance for going all Nicholas Sparks on you guys, but perhaps you'll find it cute and awesome and maybe get some aww's in there, then you'll go off to London and meet the man of your dreams too! Or maybe realize that he's actually right next to you and you just needed some aww's to realize it. So either way, I hope it makes you realize that sometimes you find love in completely unexpected places and at unexpected times, but sometimes it's exactly how it's supposed to happen.




Every Story has a Beginning


December 4th was probably one of the craziest days of my life, it was an up and down roller coaster the entire day.  My flight to London left early the next morning, and none of my stuff was packed, and there were about a million things (at least it felt like it) I had to do before I had to leave. I had spent a vast majority of the day at the bank arguing with them about my money wire that was due that day for my new house in London, I started getting some major cold feet about the whole thing, and not to mention, my stuff was EVERYWHERE. So I drove around town that day buying some last minute things while hoping my money was going to make it over seas on time, so I could have some sort of home to arrive to in London. I made one last quick stop at Name Brand, a local store we have here in Mesa, sort of like Buffalo Exchange. I had cleaned out my entire closet and took all the unwanted stuff with me in hopes that I could make some last minute extra cash before the big shibang. I wanted this to be a quick stop, in and out with hopefully some cash in hand. So it came as a huge surprise to run into somebody from high school as I was getting in, I was so terrified/excited/nervous/anxious the entire day that small talk wasn't really on my agenda for the day, but nonetheless we talked. She had been an old high school friend and as we caught each other up on our lives, London came up and luckily for me, her older brother had just moved to London a couple of days before. Now to be completely honest (no offense Taylor!), this news didn't even phase me as she was telling me, there were about a million other things I was thinking about at the moment and finding my true love in London wasn't really one of them (well kinda, but I figured it was more of a huge fantasy than an actual reality). Nonetheless, we said goodbye and off we went in our own separate ways, I managed to get my money over to London and had a home when I arrived and somehow managed to pack my entire belongings in 3 suitcases (I youtubed the best ways to pack, saved my life!!) and the next day I set out for what would become the best decision/trip/experience of my life. And little did I know this random encounter would be the start of it all....


Cue suspense here because I'm totally leaving you guys hanging....


I'm doing this chapter style, sorry!

3 comments:

Ashley Ziegler said...

How did you get to go to London!! Hahaha I want to do that!!

Lauren said...

so you ARE dating him!! wonderful! i started seeing him in all of your europe photos and was like, "hmm... just friends? can't be!" ha i'm so happy!
correct me if i'm wrong, but Taylor is Alexa's brother isn't he?

The Merrills said...

You should definitely finish this story!.. soon!