7.29.2010

Let's Play Catch Up

Okay, so I'm really horrible at remembering to take a camera everywhere and take pictures and far too lazy to upload them then post them. Ironic much? I mean I did spend 2 years in school for photography and ran my own photo business? hmmm? Anyways, so I gave in tonight an uploaded pictures that are far too old. So let's play catch up.

February 2009
I had the opportunity to see President Obama in person when he came to Arizona. Mind you, we did have to camp out for an entire night and day for the tickets, but the experience was far worth it. Now, I know it doesn't get very cold here in Arizona, but to us Arizonians a Winter night is VERY cold. My nieces, best friend, and I camped out in chairs all night for tickets. It was freezing and uncomfortable, but the environment we were in was beautiful! Complete strangers where sharing dinners, hot chocolate, singing in unison. It was an amazing experience. It was definitely something I will remember for the rest of my life, and an experience that will be great to share with my future kids and grandkids. It felt amazing to be a part of history.
Ewww please don't mind how attractive I look, I had to sleep there alright?!

This is us after receiving our tickets!
Sadly, I don't have any pictures of the actual speech, I was far too enthralled in the situation and bewildered that I was only a few feet away from the President of the United States.
We did have awesome entertainment during our wait to get into the building. 
I loved this guy, he spent the whole time rapping about Obama and had some awesome lyrics.

We cheered protestors on and witnessed things that will forever stay engraved in my mind.
This was by far one of the coolest experiences of my life!


No comments: