5.27.2010

Buddha

I have a fascination with Buddhism. My religions class last semester got me hooked. Enjoy!

I'm on the lookout for a nice looking Buddha to put in my room!

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. 
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. 
Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely. 
Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little.
It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without. 
Buddha.

No comments: