11.24.2010

NYC: Day 2

We began the day by waking up once again at the butt crack of dawn. We went to Rockefeller Center to wait in line for SNL tickets. However, apparently, 4am isn't early enough. There were people in line that had been there since 4 pm. Regardless, we met some cool Canadians in line, and ended up with a stand-by ticket for the live taping. 
After we received our ticket, it was still fairly early, and we were all dead tired. So of course, we went on a search for somewhere to crash for a few hours. And the Marriot lobby in Times Square was perfect. 
I wish someone could have taken a picture of us. 4 girls passed out on the couch in a super-glam lobby full of rich people. After waking up from my wonderful nap, and ignoring all the "what are they thinking" glances from all the people, we continued our day by being extremely ridiculous and getting on the screen in Times Square. 
We then proceeded to our splurge of the trip. Mind you, were all poor college students, so splurging everyday was out of the question. But I was craving Olive Garden, and it just so happened that there's one in Times Square, and by that point I didn't care if it cost $20 for a bowl of pasta!
After lunch, we grabbed some Broadway tickets for Chicago. It was an amazing show, but the hardest thing I have ever gone through in my life. Seeing as how we were all running on 3 hours of sleep every night, putting us in a dark room with comfy seats was definitely a bad idea. I am proud to say however, that I am the only one that didn't fall asleep. As for the other girls, I cannot tell you how many dirty looks I got as I tried nudging them awake. 
We enjoyed a nice dinner at Grand Central Station

We were super bummed we didn't get into SNL
But after stopping for some sparkling cider, life was good.




No comments: