6.11.2012

My British Boyfriend

There has been a special man in my life recently. He's great with kids, cooks like a chef, and has the cutest British accent. We spend the afternoons together cooking and laughing at his hilarious cooking commentary. I just can't get enough. 


Everything is going great.


Except for the fact that he's a famous British chef, who lives in Essex, England. Oh, and he's married. Lame. 


My old housemates in England and I used to sit around the tv every afternoon and watch his 30 Minute Meals show. They introduced me to this lovely man. And they even gifted me one of Jamie's cookbooks when I left. 


Now, that I've been back in America for almost a year, my heart has been yearning for him. 
A couple of weeks ago I turned on BBC America (the closest I get to British tv) and Jamie's sweet face was on TV. I died. Ever since, I've been recording every episode of Jamie's 30 Minute Meals and becoming a professional chef. 


He's pure genius. He will NEVER let you down. I've been cooking my way through his cookbooks and every single recipe has been heaven. 


One of my favorite meals: ciabatta steak sandwich with roasted red peppers, stuffed portobello mushrooms, rosemary potatoes, and fresh cucumber and lemon water. 

I know what you're thinking.
"Maggie, can we share this wonderful British boyfriend?"
No.
 But you can get his book! You will fall in love too!

(my favorite two)

No comments: